For the past few months I’ve been doing a lot of work editing images in .eps format. Since I really like my Gimp, I spent weeks trying to find a nice way to edit these images with this program, instead of running to Photoshop. Well, I was finally able to find a solution I now share with you.
The steps you’ll need to follow are actually quite simple:
- Download Gimp and install it;
- Download Ghostscript and install it;
- Go to the /bin directory of where you installed Ghostscript
- copy all .exe files (may be 2 or 3) and paste in Gimp’s main directory (where gimp is installed);
- Start gimp and try opening eps files.
That should do it! If you’re on Linux, just make sure Ghostscript is installed, it should be easy to find in Synaptic for example.