Infra Recorder is a very good software that I use to burn CDs and DVDs on my Windows machine. I’ve used it to burn data CD/DVDs, and work with iso files. Which means, bye bye proprietary Nero. According to the site, its full features are:
- Create custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical discs as well as disc images.
- Supports recording to dual-layer DVDs.
- Blank (erase) rewritable discs using four different methods.
- Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE).
- Create disc copies, on the fly and using a temporary disc image.
- Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions to them.
- Save audio and data tracks to files (.wav, .wma, .ogg, .mp3 and .iso).
This program is a Windows only. Sorry, I usually try to find cross-platform programs but I wasn’t able find one for this category.
You can download a full installer or just work as a stand alone application. The nice thing about Infra Recoder is that it also has an Express (irExpress.exe) app that is self-executable – there is no need to install – and will make using the complete functions much easier. You’ll be directly forwarded to settings used to create a music CD, data DVD, or whatever type of project you choose.
Visit the download page here.